Let me introduce you to Valentino. Elaine Seamans spotted him at the Baldwin Park Animal Shelter in Los Angeles County.
So yet, no one from the shelter has approached him. Valentino, however, was afflicted with sarcoptic mange, a skin ailment caused by mites that mostly affects dogs but may occasionally spread to people and create a slight rash. His eyes were caked shut and he was coated in mud. Valentino meowed to Elaine as she walked by despite his blindness, and realizing he needed a human contact, she picked him up and hugged him without gloves.
Valentino was so ill that he could scarcely move, and Elaine was afraid he might die in her arms while she held him. So she contacted Toby Wisneski, who works at Leave No Paws Behind, a friend of hers. On top of the mange, they discovered a bacterial illness and bleeding ulcer in the vet’s office. His health was deteriorating as a result of this, but Valentino was a fighter. He reacted well to therapy and was able to open his eyes after a week. His rеscuеrs noticed his eyes were green for the first time.
Despite his ailments, his overall health was good, and he was quickly on the mend.
Valentino was a lovely senior tiger cat once he was cleaned up, and after three months of therapy and care, he was a foster fail since his foster family became his permanent home.
He’s nearly unrecognizable from the cat he was three months ago at the animal shelter, and he’s now trying to gather dơnatiоns to preserve more older cats likе him.